Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Getting worried about my Jet Lasers order.

Hi guys I was wondering if anyone has ordered from Jet lasers recently. A few days ago i placed an ordered with Jet Lasers for a 1 watt 520nm PLE Mini. I have sent several emails to jet lasers asking if it has been shipped yet and I havent recieved anything back. Another thing that worried me is there is no "contact us" link to be found anywhere on their website. I had to do a google search to find a link to the contact us section. I spent a good amount of money on this and I am afraid I wont recieve my item because this is my first time doing business with them. Any insight you guys have would be greatly appreciated or if anyone knows another way to contact them it would be great. Thank you -Ryan

I was using my phone therefore the mobile version. As soon as I switched to desktop mode I seen the contact us. Their mobile version must not have a contact us option. Thanks so much for pointing that out

Frozenferrari

I assume this has been resolved? I hear a lot of good things about JL and I plan to invest in their PLE-pro upon my next paycheck in a few weeks. Does the mini offer a plug in A/C adaptor like the Pro does? That's a hugely significant thing in my mind - unlimited power availability with no performance drop during use! 3.5W 465nm looks like a badass unit!

I've bought many lasers from them. They're legit. One thing to take note of is that they don't have a huge "warehouse" of lasers that they box up for shipment the next day. They actually hand build these things per order. So it will take at least a week before they ship it out to you. It works best if you register on their website and login to see your order status. It'll indicate "shipped " when it's on the way. It's best to pay for the upgrade in shipping. But even after it's been shipped, we're talking another week or so before it arrives... Give or take. But patience is a virtue with these transactions. I've got one on the way from them right now that shipped on February 20th that I'm still waiting for

Reactions: GSS

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I assume this has been resolved? I hear a lot of good things about JL and I plan to invest in their PLE-pro upon my next paycheck in a few weeks. Does the mini offer a plug in A/C adaptor like the Pro does? That's a hugely significant thing in my mind - unlimited power availability with no performance drop during use! 3.5W 465nm looks like a badass unit!

You won't go wrong with Jetlasers they offer great lasers and the best customer service around!
I have many lasers from J/L and have been buying from them since 2012; I have the 1.4W 465nm "mini" style, and IIRC, it does not have the A/C adapter like the fullsize PLE-Pro models.
I can check for sure when I get home later today.

Remember that if you are using the A/C power, you still need to follow the duty cycle of the particular unit that you are using.

No I still havent heard anything in response from them

You won't go wrong with Jetlasers they offer great lasers and the best customer service around!
I have many lasers from J/L and have been buying from them since 2012; I have the 1.4W 465nm "mini" style, and IIRC, it does not have the A/C adapter like the fullsize PLE-Pro models.
I can check for sure when I get home later today.

Remember that if you are using the A/C power, you still need to follow the duty cycle of the particular unit that you are using.
I'm pretty sure it does have the adapter

Edit: but I could be wrong

I've bought many lasers from them. They're legit. One thing to take note of is that they don't have a huge "warehouse" of lasers that they box up for shipment the next day. They actually hand build these things per order. So it will take at least a week before they ship it out to you. It works best if you register on their website and login to see your order status. It'll indicate "shipped " when it's on the way. It's best to pay for the upgrade in shipping. But even after it's been shipped, we're talking another week or so before it arrives... Give or take. But patience is a virtue with these transactions. I've got one on the way from them right now that shipped on February 20th that I'm still waiting for
What do you mean upgrade in shipping the only shipping they have is the dhl/fed ex for 30 dollars which I selected. Its the same shipping I picked for my laser from sanwu which sanwu charges 50 dollars for. But after they shipped it out it only took 3 days to get here. So if u are still waiting since the 20th and its from DHL I would check the tracking info because DHL is very fast and I would worry about customs or something else in your case

Frozenferrari

Yep! I had that in consideration as well. I currently have a "3W" (probably more like 0.8-1.2) 445 that I got from bestlaserpointers. According to them it has an "unlimited duty cycle" which I find hard to believe, so I try not to let it run for more than 120 seconds between breaks.

Hey while we're talking about stuff over 1W, what are peoples opinions on the safety regarding adding 'star bits' to them for light shows? *OBVIOUSLY any shiny surface, even perhaps moisture in the air or on leaves and trees (?) , there could be hazards associated with reflections. But are the diffuse dots too harsh even on a white ceiling or against a backdrop of trees to be viewed without glasses? I don't think I want to use my " 3W " inside, even 1W inside sounds like asking for instant blindness. But it would be nice to feel a little more comfortable giving light shows for unaided folks eyes with star bits and know where to draw the line between safe and moronic. Sorry for thread jack :(

Do keep us updated as JL moves along, as I am eagerly counting the days before my paycheck allows for the purchase of a PLE! This thread is timely as they can get!

I honestly think my 3 watt 445nm sanwu striker saber would destroy and star cap diffraction put it front of it unless it were made of glass or metal somehow but maybe I'm wrong

Frozenferrari

I honestly think my 3 watt 445nm sanwu striker saber would destroy and star cap diffraction put it front of it unless it were made of glass or metal somehow but maybe I'm wrong

Yeah without an LPM I don't know if mine is truly 3 watts but its gotta be atleast 800 because it burns decently quick and does have a mildly decent solid beam, and it hasn't seemed to harm the starbit yet, but I also haven't used it often yet. Sanwu offers star bit attachments for its high powered stuff, including a motorized rotating one. Perhaps duty cycle changes? I haven't read anything like that, but im also very new to the hobby.

Yeah my sanwu is actually well over 3 watts it's a beast and amazingly well built. By far the best laser I have ever owned in my life. We will see if that changes when I get my jetlaser

The star caps that come with the Sanwu lasers are metal for sure. The element that filters the light, I'm not sure, but it looks like a type of glass. I have a 5 watt blue 445nm laser that those caps came with, but, yeah, I wouldn't want to put them on it. I have messed up a 4 watt 465nm laser with an accidental dust cap left on during power up.. back reflection into the laser. But it took several stupid lame brain times before it started noticeably degrading... but, with those power levels and light intensities, putting anything in front of that beam so close to the aperture just seems like a bad idea to me. I do use the star caps on my lower powered lasers though. That seems to work better anyway. It's easier on the eyes also and no burning heat smell.... star caps work best on 1 watt or less lasers in my opinion

What do you mean upgrade in shipping the only shipping they have is the dhl/fed ex for 30 dollars which I selected. Its the same shipping I picked for my laser from sanwu which sanwu charges 50 dollars for. But after they shipped it out it only took 3 days to get here. So if u are still waiting since the 20th and its from DHL I would check the tracking info because DHL is very fast and I would worry about customs or something else in your case
Yeah the Dhl/Fedex is the upgrade. As far as I know there was a cheaper option, but the last time I used that cheap one it seemed like it took a month before I got it. And also Gray, the guy at Jetlaser said that Dhl is better because it's a more smooth and efficient shipping preocess across customs as well. Less likely to get held up. Sometimes it happens though. It is a gamble with these things coming from way over there.
Three days eh? from China to US... that's amazing … I've never gotten anything that fast from over there.. Overall, out of all the things I've ordered from over there, it varies widely how long it takes. It's just the way it is. I've ordered from Sanwu and be pulling in from work wondering why they hadn't sent it yet,.... but then stumble across it lying on my porch, like''"ohh there it is!". But then other times I'll do a more customized order and it's like.... ummm…My order number is___ , I ordered a laser, like...….. a looong time ago...…ummm is that working out...?"