Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fun and games with 25mw of 405nm!

Fun and games with 25mw of 405nm!

I just recieved my new 405nm modules yesterday. They are very nice and high quality. Both have built in analogue and TTL modulation built into the 3"x1.875"x1.125" head. There is a driver inside and all the user needs to do is add 9V to the leads.

Upon first turning on the laser I noticed the brightness of the beam in broad daylight, about as visible as a Nexus in the same conditions. The dot is strange because your eyes can not focus on it, it looks like it is constantly changing shapes. The beam is about 1mm diameter with 0.5mRad divergence, very sharp and crisp looking.

I proceeded to test the output on the laser which was about 29.4mW after 10 minutes of operation. I then did spectroscopy on it and discovered that it peaked at 406.44nm. There is also a second peak at about 398nm when the laser is cooled to below freezing.

The burning tests were next. The wavelength is mostly absorbed by the standard BK7 glass lenses so it was time to bring out the CaF2 lenses I have been waiting to sell. These are used for eximer lasers 200-300nm. The laser is amazingly powerful! I was able to cut tape along with light a match and pop balloons when focused.

Throughout all of the tests the laser was kept on with no external cooling. It relained at almost the exact same temperature the entire time.

nes_ds

Re:  Fun and games with 25mw of 405nm!

sounds awesome!

Got any pics? What about the price?...or did you get it the same way you magically acquire all your other laser stuff? ;D JK

Re:  Fun and games with 25mw of 405nm!

Let's just call it magic and leave it at that. No price or maker. I can only upload 1 picture.

Attachments

• 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 103