Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Full threaded or half threaded

So, I'm looking into building a 405 or 445 and I'm looking into the modules. First off do I need the standard aixiz 12 mm module? Second of all, for the 445 build do I want their UV (405) glass lens to be half threaded or full threaded and what does that really mean? And should I waste my time with the new 445 glass lenses?

Thank you!

The new aixiz 405 lenses are broad spectrum coated for 405-445. You use the same lens for either.

And half vs full thread. It's up to you. Ordering from them, there's only a 5 cent difference in price.

Half threaded just means exactly that, the module only has threads half way. The full threaded ones have threads all the way. If you want to use the adjustment rings from aixiz, you need the full threaded ones. I think the half threaded ones are slotted for screwdriver adjustment

That o-ring doesn't run across the threads inside the module does it?
I've never brought any of those half-threaded ones.

If the module is threaded up to a point and bored where the O-ring is, then no. On the O-like blu-ray pen that I have this lens from, it is threaded all the way. The o-ring doesn't really do anything. :thinking: