Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Red Dvd Burner diode with housing

Jinx

Hey all.. I've decided this isn't the hobby for me and have only used my laser diode 1 time. IT came out of (I believe) an 8x dvd burner drive (could have been 4x but I think it was at least 8x). It's enough to pop black balloons and light matches heads with a black sharpie mark on them. I've decided it's not for me (selling my eagle pair goggles on ebay as well).

I'm not sure what a lazer diode is worth with the housing.. is 15$ bucks too much? plus about 2.50 for shipping?

the housing piece is basically this: http://lazerer.com/image/data/Asscessory/laser-housing.jpg

You can focus it I believe. I only used the lazer one time then never hooked it up again, so gauranted to not be a dead diode, but please know what you are doing with it and be over 18! I take no responsibility for what you do with it!

Let me know if I'm just crazy and asking too much too! its been a year or two and I've just been too busy with everything else to follow the forums anymore!

If a picture is required I can do that, just don't have time today/tomorrow.

Is there a driver in that housing or is this just the diode pressed into the module?

Jinx

I believe it is just the diode with 2 wires coming out that I had hooked up to a bread board and built my drive on the breadboard to test the entire circuit.

I could include all those pieces if wanted (resistors,capictors)..