Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Galileo host - PRICE DROP

Hey guys,

Ok so I had an old galileo that didn't work so i took it apart and filed it down (by hand) for it to fit an aixiz module.  I don't have enough money right now to make it into a laser so I'm going to sell the host.  The inside isnt perfectly rounded ( its a little rough) but it is small enough that it will make good contact with an aixiz module.  The galileo host takes 2 cr2s so if you are going to use a rkcstr driver they have to be rechargable.  I will include the galileo,  aixiz module, a silicon dust cap (black) and some silicon based heat transfer stuff ( i think its like arctic silver).  

ONLY 25 DOLLARS SHIPPED!

Here are some pictures of it:

Picture004.jpg

That is everything in the set (forgot to put back half of aixiz module in)

Picture001.jpg

That shows the top half...

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

The last two are what it will look like finished...

Pm me if you are interested  :)

Re: FS: Galileo host

Laserglow sells it for 20 + shipping. Which is around 25 shipped.

It's 10 dollars shipping from laser glow :eek:

Plus I drilled it out to fit an aixiz an I'm including a aixiz module..

DJZ

Whoa! :eek:  Nice avatar Muffin_man!  ;) ::)

Questions:

would you solder the case pin and negative to the negative on the rckstr and the postive to postive on the rckstr and then how would you make it connect that the batteries like would you take the spring out of the galio and make it a lil smaller and solder it to the postive on the rckstr?

Tell me if that would work and if anything there is wrong tell me what is and what I would have to make the case into a bluray?

Hi,

Ok so you have your blu-ray diode in the aixiz module I provide . There are 2 ways to set this up: solder the positive diode pin to the positive on the driver. Then do the same with the negative. Then you can either solder the negative and case pin together or you can solder a wire to the case pin and attach that wire to the negative input on the driver. Then just solder a spring onto the positive input.

It would be case negative . You can also use a flexdrive for this project but dr. Lava is sold out for another week

The_Muffin_Man said:
Hi,

Ok so you have your blu-ray diode in the aixiz module I provide .  There are 2 ways to set this up:  solder the positive diode pin to the positive on the driver. Then do the same with the negative.  Then you can either solder the negative and case pin together or you can solder a wire to the case pin and attach that wire to the negative input on the driver.  Then just solder a spring onto the positive input.

It would be case negative .  You can also use a flexdrive for this project but dr. Lava is sold out for another week

Heh sounds nice!!!

Also 25 (SHIPPED) eats me up :O

Also do you have two 3.6v (maxs at 4.2v) cr2's and a charger.

Also a plug converter I could buy too?

I dont have a cr2 charger/batteries but there is this eBay sale here for the batteries:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=110343287050

I am going to radio shack tomorrow so i may be able to get you a power converter.  If it is like 20 dollars+ I'm not going to get it unless you pay me ahead of time.  

If you want the plug converter PM me  :)

EDIT: i was talking about shipped in the US.  I will look into how much it will cost to go to Australia.  If it isnt too much then i will just pay it.

The_Muffin_Man said:
I dont have a cr2 charger/batteries but there is this eBay sale here for the batteries:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=110343287050

I am going to radio shack tomorrow so i may be able to get you a power converter.  If it is like 20 dollars+ I'm not going to get it unless you pay me ahead of time.  

If you want the plug converter PM me  :)

EDIT: i was talking about shipped in the US.  I will look into how much it will cost to go to Australia.  If it isnt too much then i will just pay it.  

Fail

Only ships to US and canada o well DX has cheaper.

interesting, sorry for leading off topic [even if one post] but care to tell how it failed?

I currently use the Galileo frequently as it is my only laser at the moment, I want to know what the exact failure might be to be familiar with it and [hopefully not] identify it as a weakness in the design. To keep this thread in topic can you reply via PM? thank you ;)