Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

fried diode

I agree about the false advertising. But you realize a hand held laser doesn't need all this shit your talking Bout. It seems to me to be overkill. Or are you filling a large gap ? That's where I could see its usefulness otherwise metal on metal provides best heat conductivity. Addingthe third substance regardless of its heat transfer capacity will still add thermal resistance. Food for thought

Yeah. Anytime you have to use a set screw there is some space, on the side of the screw that should be filled with a heat transferring substance. That is where I plan on using the diamond heat sink compound. If it were pressed into the heat sink, I would totally agree. I have a 3 watt MS-SSW-II 445nm laser that is pressed into the heat sink and there was no need for a heat sink compound. But, I always use a heat sink compound on builds that the module is held in place with a set screw. It works well.

Thanks, xirrious. Not every one will use this type of heat sinking. Probably because it isn't available to my knowledge. Had to make it myself.