Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

For Sale: Windows XP Pro

K thing is, MS has servers with a list of every key. Generated ones don't appear in this list so Windows will only work until it tries and fails to activate.
These are unused, legit keys.
Therefore they will continue to work through WGA and activation.

And I don't care what MS says is legal or not they have no legal background / grounds for any of it. Technically there is no law against generating a key or in this case selling an unused key. Plenty of businesses do this formally, only difference is MS knows about them.
Please do not contradict me I have spent many hours looking it up.

nes_ds

BlueFusion said:
K thing is, MS has servers with a list of every key. Generated ones don't appear in this list so Windows will only work until it tries and fails to activate.
These are unused, legit keys.
Therefore they will continue to work through WGA and activation.

Yeah, a key gen will only give you a key that you can use to install windows, but it will only work for 30 days, when the 30 days comes back around, windows will be disabled, and you will have no choice but to connect with the server, when you do, and the server doesn't except the key, most likely because the key is already in use.

And to my knowledge, this only illegal because the keys are not meant for resell. LOL, the same is true with selling individual snack pack bags of Fritos. *Walks into a cell* "What did they get you for?" "I resold a bag of LAYS potato chips" ;D

Pix is here

click for bigger pics

sorry their shitty quality - phone camera
ma friend only got 2 pix but i did that to all of them. you get the idea.

and marianne - I would definitely agree with that but linux is not for everyone. *nix is user friendly, it's just very choosy about who its friends are.

well actually, some versions of linux have appeared in the past few years that *are* very easy to use, like ubuntu (which i linked to)... :)

... yea but its still not a walk in the park. Problems crop up if you can't handle a shell :p
One of my friends tried it.. cant even manage to install it. And hes a computer nerd. LOL

S

SenKat

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Bluefusion - but you are 100% wrong. OEM licenses cannot be transferred, in any ahpe or form. Before you ask, YES...I DO have a background with MS, and use it daily in my old job, and most likely will in my new job(s) etc....I have my MCSE from WAY back, so I am an old schooler....seriously - I understand you are trying to make a buck off of unused stuff, but the point remains that it is NOT legal to do so. As Electron stated above, what you are doing is not legal - he is 100% correct. OEM licenses on the sides of PC's belong to THAT installation of Win XP - not anywhere else, and it is not transferrable. I'll leave this thread open long enough to discuss this a little further, but then I will lock it down, sorry.

From what I understand, this is called XP "Corporate" Edition and meant as a single license, multi-install OS for a single business, school, etc...
Trust me, I'm not worried about Gates losing a penny or two. After all, he was already paid for this license. But I'm not a lawyer so I can't say what the legalities are here.

In that case then, count me out.

Cheers SenKat! :D
That was close.

I didn't realise they were OEM - and I agree, that is totally illegal.

Dan :)

SenKat hate to fuss about it...
The keys are NOT OEM.
The school paid for an expensive volume license of XP Pro which is used therefore the individual stickers / keys aren't.
The keys are usable and will work. Someone is doing this as a business! here
And really, what does it matter. MS isn't losing any money because the keys were already paid for, and they work, so what if they were stuck on an old machine, unused.

Really SenKat MS is bad enough. I hope you will reconsider on the grounds that this isn't hurting anyone, I'm just distributing windows, letting some people have it cheap.

If you insist I provide this disclaimer.
I take no responsibility whatsoever what you do with this key. It is provided only as a sample for analyzing key algorithms or similar things and not intended for actual use on Windows. By purchasing this key you agree to these terms, and agree not to use this key to license a copy of Windows.

That do you? Essentially it's up to you if you use it or not but I am telling you not to because its not legal.
But thanks for your concern. :)

S

SenKat

With the keys being attached to the PC's - that makes them OEM licenses. There are hundreds of companies out there that do that same stuff - but the fact of hte matter remains - it is still illegal, sorry. I could actually care less if MS gets paid or not - I don't get paid from them for giving advice - I am merely settling a dispute.

S

SenKat

No - I don't think it is wise, and I honestly do nto think you will get any bites, since it is illegal. I am not deleting the thread, merely locking it. Sorry, man.