Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

For building lasers, some of you guys need a dictionary.

Commander J. Bloodmaker

Just to state a fact, so all the safe place people can come back out. Retard is a medical term. To be mentally retarded, or just retarded means your brain hasn't advanced as much as a regular person. It is not a derogatory term. I'm sorry some of you take offence to that, but it would help if you command the tongue in which you speak. Amazing how sensitive you people are, maybe go outside? Stop thinking everyone is a jerk, learn the words of the tongue you speak. It really does help you to communicate with other people. No wonder this country is going to the turds. No one even knows what the Gerd Dung werds mean anymore.......

gazer101

Agreed.

One would have to be retarded to not comprehend that retarded is simply the adjective for retard, which is derived from the french word of the same name and means "slow".

Someone who is retarded has experienced a slowed mental development. It does become offensive if you start labeling nominally-brain-developed people as retards whenever they don't agree with you though lol

gazer101

Probably some guy brutally DMed OP for saying that something is retarded in some post somewhere

Gotta be careful with this political correctness stuff, you might end up cancelling perfectly benign words/concepts which could inadvertently fan the flames of hatred... then again, some employers hold what you said on social media as a maldeveloped teenager against you when you apply for a job with them 10 years later so yeah we live in a pretty shitty, unforgiving society in that way

Last edited:

Commander J. Bloodmaker

Where the heck did all of this come from?
I stated a fact in another thread and some people got all but hurt like I was directing it at them. Even though it was just a factual statement. Just figured maybe one of their friends would see this, and see I called them sensitive. lol. Maybe they would look up the meaning of the word, and see it was a factual statement aimed at no one in general.

All I said was " The average Iq is 100, which means about half the country is mildly retarded. " , something on those lines. Was a post on something about safety and why not have everyone have a high powered laser. I liked when building them yourself was the only way. Meant the people using them knew what they were doing and just how dangerous they are. Not that I would take away peoples rights, but when I build and sell, I know who it's going to. I make some 2w-5w handheld kits for people. Make them buy glasses or no deal, etc. , etc. I'm not saying I'd vote to see lasers taken away from anyone, I'd just like to see people who do own them, to be responsible. I know that's not always going to happen. An it's getting worse as the Iq drops.

Last edited: