Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FNG, been lurking for awhile

v7guy

New guy, been lurking for a good while. Recently picked up a "2W" Arctic from wicked lasers and just got some OD4 "goggles" from laser survival. looking forward to building some additional lasers. I really appreciate all the time you guys have put into documenting your experiences and knowledge. It's been very helpful.

gozert

Welcome to LPF! How long did the Arctic take to get shipped to you? Many members here have had to wait months for their lasers to ship. Good to know you took care of your safety as well. Those are very good goggles, many of us use them.

v7guy

It was right around 4 months to get it. I pretty much expected it as I'd read here that shipping took forever. It's a nice host, I've got a new charger and some protected batteries on the way.

The laser makes me a bit nervous to be honest. It's pretty crazy what it can do. I picked up these goggles because of the recommendations on this forum. I'm looking forward to building some lasers in the future.

gozert

I can imagine. My first high powered laser was a 2.2W in a 501B host. It burned through pretty much anything in just seconds. I did however sell it later on because the beam was quite ugly.

If you ever need help, just PM me. I still have a lot to learn, but I can most likely help you out.