Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Flashlight Review, Lumapower ConneXion X2 Q5 1AA

erns

I just received a sample ConneXion X2 1AA from Lumapower  to do a review.

This is version number 2 of the ConneXion called the ConneXion X2.

The noticeable difference is that the ConneXion X2 1AA is now coated of Type III Hard Anodize black. The first version was coated with Type II+ anodize. This light has excellent Type III Hard Anodize, no mismatch of color or flaws. I give the grade A.

The fit is excellent. The threads are smooth. O-rings were not lubed. I give the grade A-.

This is a 3 level light. The ConneXion goes from high, medium then low.

Uses a forward clickie.  The rear switch is on the hard side to push. I found out that if  I use an after market rear rubber switch cover the switch is very easy to push but the the rear rubber switch cover will stick out about 2mm.

The reason the ConneXion W2 rear switch is so hard to push is because the rear switch cover sits flush with the end or tail of the light.  The rear rubber switch cover is shorter than the after market version and the "nub" inside the rear rubber switch cover is made shorter than the after market version. GITD rear rubber switch cover installed.

The ConneXion X2 uses 1AA battery. It can use lithium 14500, Alkalines, nimh and e2 lithiums. I don't have any run times but you can find them Selfbuilt's excellent review, Lumapower Connexion X2 Review (1AA): BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIMES, COMPARISONS, etc. .

The ConneXion X2 came with a holster, o-rings, rear rubber switch cover (black), lanyard ring, user manual, warranty card and tweezers. The tips on my tweezers bent trying to install the rear retaining ring to get acess to the forward clickie. I had to use my c-clip pliers. The c-clip pliers are much more easier to use.

Uses a Cree Q5. The tint on this light is on the warm side.

GITD front o-ring behind the glass lens.

Cons

The rear switch is hard to push.

Clip is not very heavy duty.

Tweezers tips bent when used.

No lanyard.

Pros

Type III Hard Anodize.

Forward clickie.

Adjustable beam.

3 level light. The low is very low.

Spare o-rings, rear rubber switch cover and holster.

Acess to the rear switch, to change the rear rubber switch cover and to change from clip to lanyard ring or vice versa.

Uses common AA batteries.

LCV2044Small.jpg

LCV2003Small.jpg

Comes with holster, o-rings, rear rubber switch cover (black), lanyard ring, user manual, warranty card and tweezers.

LCV2012Small.jpg

LCV2021Small.jpg

LCV2016Small.jpg

LCV2002Small.jpg

LCV2004Small.jpg

LCV2025Small.jpg

LCV2006Small.jpg

Cree Q5. OP reflector.

LCV2007Small.jpg

LCV2008Small.jpg

LCV2017Small.jpg

Rear view of the lens bezel assembly, showing the back of the reflector.

LCV2019Small.jpg

Rear view of Cree Module Assembly.

LCV2018Small.jpg

Uses a 3 level forward clickie. GITD Switch cover.

LCV2009Small.jpg

My tweezer tips bent so I used c-clip pliers. The c-clip pliers are much easier to use because you can use more torque to remove the retaining ring or to tighten.

LCV2034Small.jpg

Rear rubber switch cover removed.

LCV2024Small.jpg

Washers removed.

LCV2023Small.jpg

Uses 4 plastic washers used as spacers.

LCV2022Small.jpg

Forward clickie comes out very easy.

LCV2037Small.jpg

LCV2035Small.jpg

LCV2036Small.jpg

Lanyard ring installed.

Note, make sure you pay attention to the way the spacer plastic washers are installed. I installed the washers incorrectly. You can see the rear rubber switch cover sticks out a little and also the retaining ring. A thin skinny washers needs to be installed on top of the rear switch cover duing installation. I corrected this in final assembly.

LCV2039Small.jpg

Clip installed.

LCV2040Small.jpg

I switched rear switch covers so the rear switch was easier to push but the rear rubber switch cover sticks out about 2mm.

LCV2042Small.jpg

Left, Supplied rear switch cover,    Right, After market rear switch cover.   Note the difference in size. That is why the after market rear switch cover sticks out. The after market switch cover makes the rear clickie much easier to push.

LCV2043Small.jpg

Supplied switch cover sits flush.

LCV2Small.jpg

LCV2014Small.jpg

LCV2015Small.jpg

Size comparsions.

Left, ConneXion X2 Q5 1AA,     Right, IncenDio Q5 RCR123

LCV2005Small.jpg

Left, ConneXion X2 1AA,     Right, IncenDio Q5 RCR123

LCV2013Small.jpg

Lux readings. The ConneXion X2 Q5 1AA is using a Energizer Rechargeable 2500mAh nimh. The IncenDio Q5 is using an AW Black RCR123.

ConneXion X2 Q5 1AA - High - 720 lux @ 1 meter

ConneXion X2 Q5 1AA - Medium - 160 lux @ 1 meter

ConneXion X2 Q5 1AA - Low - 10 lux @ 1 meter

IncenDio Q5 RCR123 - High - 1400 lux @ 1 meter

IncenDio Q5 RCR123 - Medium- 370 lux @ 1 meter

IncenDio Q5 RCR123 - Low - 100 lux @ 1 meter

ConneXion X2 Q5 1AA @ 96"

LCV2026Small.jpg

IncenDio Q5 RCR123 @ 96"

LCV2027Small.jpg

Left, ConneXion X2 Q5 1AA,    Right, IncenDio Q5 RCR123 @ 96"

LCV2028Small.jpg

Left, ConneXion X2 Q5 1AA,    Right, IncenDio Q5 RCR123 @ 96"  Stepped down exposure

LCV2029Small.jpg

ConneXion X2 Q5 1AA @ 32'

LCV2030Small.jpg

IncenDio Q5 RCR123 @ 32'

LCV2031Small.jpg

JLSE

Re: Flashlight Review, Lumapower ConneXion X2 Q5 1

Can the host body be purchased for these with no guts? My interest is purely laser, and I like the look of that. Maybe even someone willing to sell the host if they buy for parts?

erns

wannaburn said:
Can the host body be purchased for these with no guts? My interest is purely laser, and I like the look of that. Maybe even someone willing to sell the host if they buy for parts?

You can contact sales@lumapower.com and ask if they can sell you the body.

Dude, congratulations. You keep on amazing me how you dedicate your time to do these reviews, GREAT job. You should have way over 5 points of reputation.

Keep it up!