Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First Post A Decade Later

Hello everybody! As the title states, yes this is my first post after joining 10 years ago. Funny enough that even then I had been a long time browser of the site and joined to ask a question about a project I had going on, only to quickly realize there was already an answer by some of the incredibly knowledgeable folks here.

While not technically "active" here, I still continued to enjoy every aspect of building and learning about lasers over the last decade. Went through all the usual progressions of the hobby; initially craving anything with power, then came the acquisition of as many uncommon wavelengths as I could afford, and in the past 3 or 4 years - to current day I am captivated by the field of precision optics and the use of lasers in interferometry.

Hope to officially get to know many of you here.

Welcome back. What exactly are you doing with interferometry? I have used Michealson interferometers.

Welcome back. What exactly are you doing with interferometry? I have used Michealson interferometers.
I've had some experience with Twyman-Green setups, but nothing substantial. Currently in the midst of trying to get a Fizeau interferometer to work, which as it turns out, is more difficult than I anticipated. Quite a balancing act between precision and brute force via math.

Corpnoost

Would interferometry be things like lasers for cars detecting objecting in the environment?