Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First laser pointer

Riskaz

I'm thinking about getting into laser pointers and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions about powerful laser pointers around the cost of 50 dollars. Something that's atleast 200mw, can be recharged and is easy to see. I've done some research on what sites to stay away from, "laser pointer pro" that green lasers are easiest to see due to their wavelength, and laser pointers can be dangerous. Any suggestions? Thanks

Get this https://www.sanwulasers.com/product/304

Get the combo deal with all 3. You will have a lot more fun with them than you would with 1 200mW laser.

The green laser will be the brightest, easily visible at night and maybe during the day
The red can burn things fairly well (not like a 1W laser, but good enough)
The purple laser creates cool effects on things that glow and is a very unique wavelength.

You can buy these exact same lasers on eBay for less overall as they come with free shipping. Just look for 301 or 303 style laser pointers from China. The 80 mW 532nm green will cost you ~$6.00, the 650nm 200 mW red one ~$10.00 and the 405nm one will cost ~$8.00. They are the same lasers sold by Sanwu. You might even get a better deal for all three on eBay if purchased at the same time from one vendor.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Riskaz, if you haven't done so already, you should look into some quality safety glasses/goggles, Survival Lasers is a great place to go, and Gary, the owner is a member here at LPF.

Edit - Use discount code LPF445 for a better price for LPF members.

Reactions: GSS