Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Firestrike 105Kw

Pinged

OK I am sure we have all heard of the firestrike 105kw laser. But I have yet to see any clips of the monster in action. Can any of you guys help me out?

Well........... I would start by doing a Google search......:whistle:

Jerry

What....
the Google Search....
or the Laser....:crackup:

Jerry

Unfortunately, there aren't a whole lot of vids out there of military lasers in action, which kinda sucks, since they are spending our (those of us who live in the US) tax dollars to build them!

But, if there's video footage of any tests, it's likely been uploaded and copied to Youtube by now.

BTW, if you are into laser weapons (real ones) there is a book compilation of all the available info on the internet about them. It isn't cheap, but would probably save you many hours of Googeling..
"2009 Ultimate Guide to Laser Weapons - Defense Department Research on High-Energy Laser Systems - Ground, Air, Space Based, Solid State Systems"

Last edited:

Pinged

Thanks for the info licht and the only helpful post... There always has been a scarcity of that kind of footage, security reasons I guess.

As for you other cyberspace wastes, I have already tried google and have come up blank. Far be it for me to come into a forum looking for help and actually expect to get any assistance.

As for you other cyberspace wastes, I have already tried google and have come up blank. Far be it for me to come into a forum looking for help and actually expect to get any assistance.

Outch!!!

Lighten up dude, it was just a bit of harmless humorous banter. :undecided:

Out of curiosity, why are you asking this question on a laser pointer forum? The expertise of this forum would probably concentrate more on the high mW/low W side of the laser hobby, no?

Robert

Sorry, pinged, but we're not a military forum here, so we don't get a lot of exposure to military grade systems here. We're more into pointers, labbies, and the odd IR diode bar. Military lasers are a problem to get real, accurate, and reliable info on. These are cutting edge, expensive, and highly classified devices and capabilities. North Korea and Iran would love to know what US lasers can really do. So would a lot of other countries, even allied ones. Unfortunately this means that we will only get fragments of old, obsolete information and few photos or videos that show anthing meaningful. Since Sept 11, a lot more capabilties are probably kept secret that may not have been before the events in NYC that day.