Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

finding a host for a scifi diode

you'll kill the diode by modding it. you see there is a screw on the side of the threaded heat sink. loosen the screw pull the module out order a 7 watt module from dtr and the rest is history.

http://youtu.be/Z91_4Si26_Y
I just checked in that hole on the side of the heat sink and inside there is only a smooth surface. I'm feeling like he soldered the bottom part of the module to the heat sink but I'm nowhere near sure on this. I couldn't get my camera to cooperate and focus inside the hole but the video came out a bit better and I posted it above for reference

Sta

Follow up post! I just got the host from Sta (thanks again man!) and it was a perfect fit! While the housing worked perfectly, I'm thinking that the laser diode I got from Etian is not 7w... I put it aside my 1.5w Arctic and they were the exact same brightness and had the same burning power and running it for a minute didn't even warm up the heat sink. nothing that can really be done there, and now that he's AWOL kind of a crappy spot to be in lol. But thank you all for the very informative and quick responses. maybe I'll go lurk around the diode modding side of LPF to see if there's a way to mod this thing up. cheers!

No problem. It is sad to hear that Eitan sent you a defective module. It may be a good idea to sell your Arctic, as they are essentially collector's items nowadays. Might fetch you $200+ (enough to buy a 7W module from DTR)!