Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Finally my laser engraver works

moh17

IMG_0434.jpg

I added black wood to absorb the light also, to protect the disk:D

IMG_0436.jpg

The TTL driver that controls the laser.

IMG_0439.jpg

4ohchqw3v

Finally after receiving the laser TTL driver from china the XY plotter can engrave on Wood, cut foam, thin wood, and plastic. I attached a video for the first testing of the machine, I'm waiting to receive digital caliper to adjust the stepping feed to have the right dimension of the drawing.

Attachments

• 2014-11-27 16-06-00.918.wmv
    2.9 MB · Views: 66

moh17

What diode did you use on this little project?

I used M140 445 nm, I run the diode at its full power 2W or at least the driver maximum power. I'm currently working on enclosing the stepper driver and the laser driver in a forced convection case because both laser driver and stepper driver heats up , sometimes I smell smoke from the stepper driver.

Last edited:

moh17

Is this the only heat sink you have on the diode at 2W???

You are killing that diode:eek:

I would suggest better heat sinking and maybe using a high powered 405 like the 16x.

The diode is enclosed in a copper module, the TTL pulse the laser so it have seconds to cool down. I do not think that is a problem, If it dies, I will buy another one, its not that expensive to have that extra care on him. I have a 16x blue ray burner, you make me think about taking it apart :D