Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fairly new to lasers, questions about burning power

ELS

As per the title, I'm pretty new to lasers, I've been thinking about making a cigarette lighter for a while. I've been looking at rog8811s lighter and a few others (even with my limited knowledge, I found Kipkays pretty useful as an example of how not to use lasers) but I've still got a few questions, mostly because I just don't know the lingo too well yet.

Actual housing, switch and safety mechanisms should be fairly simple, so I'll only ask about the laser components. From what I've seen I'll need a laser driver, diode and an aixiz module.

Should I buy a driver or make one myself? What diode should I go with, I'm leaning towards a 405 nm because it seems to provide the best burning power per euro, but I may be wrong on that. If I do go with a 405, I have no idea about different models, if someone could drop a link to an overview of what's hot right now, it'd be much appreciated.

I may not even use a lighter as housing, so small size isn't an absolute necessity. Also, does an Aixiz module include a heat sink, and what's the focal length like?

One last thing, any recommendations on where to buy from (I'm in Ireland)?

Hi, me too very inexperienced. Fortunately I have made acquaintance with a very talented, experienced & honorable gentleman that has always helped me and given good advice. This store is very reasonable in price and has everything you need. Idk if the link will work, if not just search that store on eBay: techhood

eBay My World - techhood