Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

eyefocus

have you ever got into that situation that when you have been sitting a long time in front of your computer, reading and then suddenly the eye focus to some strange point and all you see is the text blurred and you have to blink your eye to get out of it..?

S

SenKat

Yes - it is called "Stress induced Near Sightedness" :) Horrible malady that the turds in the U.S. have come up with an expensive "cure" for - they want to sell you computer glasses to read with - even though your eyes are perfect !

If you back away from teh monitor a tad bit, and increase the size of your font a smidgen - you can prevent this yourself. Also take frequent breaks from viewing the screeen, to reduce eye fatigue.

No, I am not an eye doctor by trade, just by practice :p hehehehehe

G !

Laq

Fun to know !  :D    I have exacly the same thing when reading a book or article online for a too long time span.  It's like my eyes decide to go to sleep without closing my eyelids.  

Very anoying, because you indeed have to blink or shake you head a bit to slip out of the lazy eye focus moment  :(

Good to hear its not just me having a brain malfunction on reading  ;D

That means that you need to take a breather and stay away from the computer for a while. Just like SenKat saud; it's stress induced. Too much of anything can cause stress. Take it easy on those eyes. :eek:

Oh my god I'm so glad I saw this. This happens to me all the time and I jsut thought my eyes were really f'ed up. Thanks for the info senkat and thanks for coming out of the closet dj-icelava (jk)