Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Eye damage

Bazer

Hey guys, my friend got an ebayser 240mw green laser. When he turned around, once or twice the beam would shoot across my face. Also when i drove off, the signal bouned off the rear view mirror. Would this have caused any serious damage to my eye? Should i get it checked out or anything like that? CHeers guys

nes_ds

:eek:

When you get hit with shots like that...you'll know if you have eye damage.

If you see, or rather don't see...anything in your vision, you should definitely get checked out.

congratulations you've probably been hit by 15mw of mildly annoying coherent light :p. Your fine mate with visable lasers any major damage will be noticeable (spots or blurry vision) and REALLY painful when it happened! but welcome to the forum mate :D

S

SenKat

I would take the time to do TWO things :
1. Kick your "friend" in the throat with EVERY ounce of strength that you have.
2. Go see an eye doctor to be sure.

don't even think for one millisecond that I am joking about either one of them, either. your "Friend" is too damned stupid to own a laser - that is how crap like airplane apotting happens. Yeah, and this is me on a GOOD night. Damn, I REALLY hate to hear stories like this.

SenKat said:
I would take the time to do TWO things :
1. Kick your "friend" in the throat with EVERY ounce of strength that you have.
2. Go see an eye doctor to be sure.

don't even think for one millisecond that I am joking about either one of them, either. your "Friend" is too damned stupid to own a laser - that is how crap like airplane apotting happens. Yeah, and this is me on a GOOD night. Damn, I REALLY hate to hear stories like this.

I wouldn't be quite so nice about it. This 'friend' has no business having a laser. He obviously doesn't respect the tool, and doesn't act responsibly enough to use it. This laser may just as well have been a handgun. SenKat is right. People like this are the reason we have to deal with PITA laws that serve only to make things more difficult for those looking to use them properly. He needs a good smack upside the head by the 2x4 of Enlightenment at the very least. I won't say what else I'd consider threatening, because such things are fast ways of losing friends.

elitex

This person is an idiot. A laser is a weapon in the wrong hands. Maybe he'll blind himself at the rate he's going.

LarryQ

I couldn't agree more with the above 3 posts!!!!

Your "Friend" deserves a BEATING!!!

So....who do you go see to have a FOOT removed from your Butt Hole???

A Podiatrist..or a Proctologist???

LarryQ

heh. Seriously I wholeheartedly agree with this. Someone shining a supposedly 240mW laser anywhere near your face is NOT a friend and is too damn stupid to own one.
Fortunately eBay now don't allow lasers over 5mw other than labbies.

I agree with all the posters above. Some "friend". That's an attempt to blind you.

Please beat him with a cluestick then show him this thread.