Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Experiences with DealExtreme DX ?

Hi everyone! I just found this great board today. I am kinda new to lasers but have a couple I bought as cool big boy toys. I have a 5 mW Green, and a 95 mW Dragon Laser, also have a small powered red ordered.

My question really is, What is the cheapest cost laser and good brand that will burn ?

My 95 mW from Dragon does pretty good, but I was something that burns black tape and black paper etc like a knife through butter....... will not that fast, lol

What do you think about this one from: DX DealExtreme 150 mW Green for $110.76 ?

If you want a really fast burning laser, green isn't the way to go (unless you want to buy a huge green one for a lot of money) Red is gonna be easier to get huge powers from for pretty cheap, check out some of the tutorials here on how to build some huge reds for really cheap, under $50.00!

Ashton

Red? pfft, you want burning power, you want IR! But this is insanely dangerous, I dont reccomend it to anyone who doesnt know EXACTLY how to use it! (and use it safely!!)

Yeah for true burning power IR is the way to go. A member here (psuedonomen137) sells >>400mW 808nm Near IR lasers that are great burners, but I wouldn't reccomend getting those if you are new to lasers, but they really do burn! And to match your description of a hot knife through butter, check out the videos in the multimedia section, a member here has a 1 watt 808nm hades that cuts electrical tape as he waves it over it!

Umm get a Herc 400 If you wanna do that or a RPL-350 if you wanna have crazy burning power.