Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ever Blast a Zubble?

Zubbles is a line of colored bubble solutions. I'm wondering if the blue bubbles would absorb enough energy from a powerful non-blue laser to pop the bubble. The dyes are unstable, turning clear after sufficient exposure to air or friction. It may happen that the laser bleaches the dye before popping the bubble. Experiment will tell, but I don't own a strong laser.

If no one here has tried this, I'd be willing to send a jar of Zubbles to someone willing to do the test.

Safety: Bubbles are partly reflective. I think trying to pop them with a laser is not that dangerous as long as you keep enough distance from the bubble. The bubble will act as a diverging lens, with smaller bubbles giving more rapid divergence. Also, bubbles can only reflect about 10% of the energy. Still, in case I'm wrong this is definitely a goggles and controlled access experiment.

My motivation is explained in my intro post:http://laserpointerforums.com/f37/new-colorado-70693.html

Last edited:

Get goggles for this sort of thing. Don't just assume you're safe from reflections. There's always a presence of danger when using lasers.

Get goggles for this sort of thing. Don't just assume you're safe from reflections. There's always a presence of danger when using lasers.

Read his post again.
He said he wants to send the bubbles to someone and have them do the test.

Read his post again.
He said he wants to send the bubbles to someone and have them do the test.

Looks edited it while I was writing my post. Not sure what he edited/added but I probably didn't see the very end of his post.