Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

EBAY lasers...WTF?

elitex

I went on Ebay for fun to see what was being offered in the way of lasers and found nothing over 5mw. I went back several times over several weeks and still nothing. Has there been some sort of crackdown on reselling these things on ebay or is it that not many people resell them to begin with?

nes_ds

Yep, thankfully, after years of people getting ripped off, and blinded, they have finally set a limit on lasers. I think the only exception to a >5mW is lab lasers, and entertainment lasers.

Y

yew.sir-name

wow, Read 7801 times in one day. ebay uk are still selling '240MW 532nm **MOST POWERFUL* Green Laser Pointer Pen UK'

yew.sir-name said:
wow, Read 7801 times in one day. ebay uk are still selling '240MW 532nm **MOST POWERFUL* Green Laser Pointer Pen UK'
surely this is a forum bug? or someone's browser automatically refreshing a silly amount... that'd be like, 1 new page view each 6 seconds constantly over the last 13 hours... hehe

yew.sir-name said:

Strange they're cutting down on them, I didn't think they cared! I have, I think, one of the ones you're talking about (240mW) and of course it's nothing like that, but it's outlasted my Fusion and IS pretty bright and have used it all over the place. No idea about IR though. Seems to have a pretty good visible range. Will post a pic of it if anyone's interested.

Dan

uhhh honestly why is this thread stickied...
as if this section doesn't have enough stickies