Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ebay laser goggles

SMIDSY

cheers keep us posted- if theyre any good Ill buy them from you :p

So... the meter results.

Verdict: Definitely NOT multi-wavelength (as advertised by ZoneStealth), but perfect for Green users concerned about IR. Let me explain...

The Label on the goggles says 200-540nm / 800-2000nm which I now understand to mean that they are at least OD2 between those wavelengths. Blu-Ray to Green (405nm - 532nm) saw reductions to < 1% of initial power. (OD2+) Yellow and Red (593.5nm-660nm) however saw reductions only to 9-10% of initial power (OD1). The lenses do seem to completely block the IR sources I have, (Remote LEDs) so I would guess they are probably OD2 in that range as well. (Please note: Because the Kenometer has a ±1 resolution I can't be truly accurate, so I tried to snap photos at peaks of the laser power, with & without the lenses. This is not a scientifically rigorous test, just a hobbyist review.)

So, apparently I have not bought what was advertised and ZoneStealth has further confirmed his reputation for false advertising, either through intent or just general ignorance. His claims of OD4 are bunk, as is his assertion that these are true multi-wavelenth goggles.

I've made a video showing these goggles blocking 5 wavelengths of laser simultaneously and posted it here if you'd like to see for yourself in real time.

Here are photos of the laser meter tests for 5 wavelengths and the label of which I speak.

Attachments

• ZS_Test_Comp.jpg
    ZS_Test_Comp.jpg
    377 KB · Views: 878

SMIDSY

chido said:
Not for all wavelengths.

yeah, its a shame that CC couldnt fully test the IR....

anyways are these the coated type or the proper type like WL?

Lorgar

CC if you want to meet up one night we could test how well they block IR :)

Hey guys,

I finally noticed this thread... ::) As Lorgar stated in another thread, "I wouldnt even try putting goggles in front of my 808nM as I would probly just ignite them." so I'm a bit loath to put these nice goggles in harms way. But we can certainly test how well they filter an unfocused dot shining on white paper by using a digital camera. I'm sure they filter enough to protect from leaky DX greenies, but seriously now, you'd need nice OEM OD5 @ 808nm goggles to protect against Lorgar's 2W IR beastie. :cool:

Cheers, CC

SMIDSY said:
that woudl be nice

btw CC are they coated or like WL lenses?

No idea, and I'm not about to scratch 'em to find out. ;D The WL goggles are just moulded from a plastic with the right optical properties. As the ZoneStealth goggles have actual lenses in a frame, I'd assume they are coated polycarbonate.

Email ZoneStealth and see if he knows.

SMIDSY

The sport elite have lenses though ( I have the sport elite)

zonestealth is ignoring me after I asked him to change his listing lol Ill ask anyway :)

SMIDSY said:
The sport elite have lenses though ( I have the sport elite)

zonestealth is ignoring me after I asked him to change his listing lol Ill ask anyway :)

Ah... I thought you had ones like the cheaper WL goggles in my YouTube review video. My bad.

I can understand why ZoneStealth is avoiding you, he's probably pissed that we proved he's scamming by selling these as multi-wavelength. He's probably just an ignorant seller, believing whatever his supplier's saleman tells him, so I doubt he'd even know the truth anyway. :p

SMIDSY

lol its oh so true. We should ask him to put on a pair whilst I fire a WL pulsar at him- see how confident of the multi wavelength he is then :p

There is no doubt though that for green and blue they are really quite a bargain...

SMIDSY

got a reply!

"they are not plastic, full metal with black print coating!"

hmmm...