Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

easy to mod?

Y

yew.sir-name

does this look easy to mod? maybe a pot mod or just a suitible housing for diy lasers. it's a cr123 10mw green with a constant on/off button on the base, made from aluminium

Attachments

• 633213634935625000.jpg
    633213634935625000.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 370

I have a similar looking one.  I took out the original lens and swapped it for a lens from a red laser.  focused up close to burn but horrible divergence.  that pot mod may not do much but worth a try.  You may not reach a burning threshold with a 10mW though

what company are you getting it from? I have one from e-bay (snoctony) with lots of IR, and a 5mW BTG-10plus from z-bolt http://store.nexternal.com/shared/S...2=364143013&ProductID=152&Target=products.asp

I wouldn't buy either again - not enough laser for the price

if you take the laser head out and start mucking with things, use a fine point sharpie to make a line on the housing so you can line everything up again.

Y

yew.sir-name

i only like it because it has a constant on feature and it runs on lithium CR123's. is the laser you got from ebay the same as the one i posted? the one you linked to looks like it has an adjustable focus. this one doesn't (not from the outside atleast) you can really get alot of laser for the price nowerdays when you look at sites such as dx. a 50mw for $26 is beyond belief. plus they now sell 5 123s' for $4.50 deliverd. even though zbolt have a 1 year warranty, it's 10 times the power for less than 1/3 of the price. but if i used it to swap modules i'd save a fortune in batterys.

yew.sir-name said:
is the laser you got from ebay the same as the one i posted? the one you linked to looks like it has an adjustable focus.

It sure looks the same, and there is not any focus adjustment