Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX200 Green - Restored by Jayrob

DX200mW Green - Restored by JayRob

Sent him a dead DX200 green (before death, actual readings on a lpm were only 90mW...disappointed).
Got it back recently, not a scratch on it.  First noticable change, polished aluminum momentary button.
Secondly, a on/off clicky tail cap switch in place of safety switch that uses a key.
Turned it on via tail cap, then used momentary switch to activate laser, next noticable difference, no blue led blinding you (yes!).  Brilliant focusable green beam, very tight thin beam when focused all the way down.  Will light a sharpied or red match head instantly at 2 ft. (max distance for this unit for an instant light).  Next, put fresh battery in and got these readings on a lpm, it peaked 135mW and then settled down to a consistant 100mW.
Excellent restore job, doesn't show any signs of anyone even working on it.  Just like his past builds and his kits, the quality and detail and craftsmanship are outstanding.  Keep up the great work.

Attachments

• Disassembled.JPG
    Disassembled.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,069

Brett

Golden Dragon,

Hey, that's great to see...I just restored a damaged green laser of mine not too long ago. Congrats Jayrob on a great job!

-Brett

jayrob

Thaks Brett!

Hey Tim, thanks for the review!

Glad you like it...

Just so others know, we had obviously discussed all of these changes and options. :)

My black label for power covers the hole where the stock driver had a really bright blue LED. The new module did not have this LED, so we covered the hole.

Really nice host from DX. Allows a green to be able to be focussed...
Jay

Benm

Would you care to write down some instructions for opening this laser, and perhaps some pointers as to which parts can be user replaced?

jayrob

Everything comes apart easily except for the head from the barrel. That is very tight, maybe even glued...

I used a small torch lighter to heat it all around and then was able to unscrew it using a thick 'doubled' rag with pliers.

The module has a heatsink that was fixed with adhesive. I just made a new heatsink for the new module! ;)

Also, since the final lens is separate for this unique host (for focusing), the new module gets the front barrel (which holds the final lens), removed...
Jay

G

gbl

is the green module of this laser compatible with 140 mW o-like module ?
Thanks