Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX True 30mW vs DX 50mW

I was browsing around DX and noticed they have two lines of CNI pointers-- a "true" and "unverified" version. Apparently the true versions have verified, and tested, outputs. My question is... Which is a better buy? I am not sure if I want to get a greenie yet, but I am seriously considering it. There is a 62 cent difference between em... negligible!

26 bucks for 30 mW is more than enough for me. I have fun with with keychain LED's and music in my room at night, lasers are another story entirely!

PS: Awesome word; Defenestrate - To throw forcibly out of a window

Sorry, but I don't think the "true" actually means squat. Same thing as WLs
"No IR certified", or called a laser a Viper, Nova, Phoenix, etc. Its a model perhaps, but it doesn't actually mean anything.

The ones that are listed as "true" ones are NewWish lasers and I wouldnt expect quite the "true" output as advertised, although unlike Spymode, they aren't complete crap and actually give you a half-decent amount of green (poor quality though as you'd expect at the price). The '50mW', '30mW' etc ratings are actually '<50mW', '<30mW' etc on the sticker and NewWish themselves told me to expect 38-48mW of 532nm out of their 50mW model.

As for the non-true models, I really dont know what those are. They may just be IR spewing pieces of junk like Spymode, or they may actually be worth the cost. I'm pretty sure DX doesn't have the equipment to test though :-/

Yeah, thats what I thought-- I was surprised they said they tested em. Its just like, WOAH! even 20mW of green for 26 bucks is a steal. I just cant bring myself to spend 180 bucks on a X-85...

They said they tested the output? Hm. Any chance you have a link to where that is? I dont think I've ever seen that before.

oops, Rather, they didn't say they tested the output on the "true" ones, but they said that the regular ones weren't tested... Thats where I got the implication! Fine print ::) ;)

S

SenKat

Yes - DX, along with a TON of other peeps, got swept away in the whole, no IR filter scare thingy that the new wish lasers were so "infamous" for a long time ago.....They put on their website that they do not have IR filters, just to cover their butts, in case one actually DOES show up missing one ! As fast as these things are made, I am stunned that I have heard very few issues iwth them....

riffyb

SenKat said:
Yes - DX, along with a TON of other peeps, got swept away in the whole, no IR filter scare thingy that the new wish lasers were so "infamous" for a long time ago.....They put on their website that they do not have IR filters, just to cover their butts, in case one actually DOES show up missing one !  As fast as these things are made, I am stunned that I have heard very few issues iwth them....

So they do Have the IR filters? anyways I ordered one of these but just to be safe. What else should I order. I know I need goggles. I rather buy the cheap ones on EBay cause unless im intrigued I wont be using this laser more than once or twice a week just to show people. But what else is needed Ir filters? any thing elsE?

Daedal

Wasn't someone going to compare these? I thought I read it somewhere... I apologize for the brain fart here :-[

--DDL