Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX True 100mW greenie - is this normal?

I've recently bought a DX True 100mW greenie. A strange circle-like thing appears randomly when using the laser, especially when I use it after a while. The guys over at DX forums told me that it may be dust. But I don't think that's the case because it appears sometimes, not all the times, but in the same place. I've already blown some air into the lens from the front and it didn't go away. I know it's hard to disassemble those lasers and I don't want to damage the shell. What should I do? I'm attaching a photo.

snc00289.jpg

D

Deleted member 8382

You posted on DX forums, you got alredy answered.

Dirty lens. Get a ear bud and move it inside.

Also, nice permanent CCD damage lol

sorry to sound dumb but what is CCD? closed can diode?

and what did you mean by get a earbud and move it inside... as in wipe the lens with it? or maybe the diode lens? just curious.

D

Deleted member 8382

CCD- CMOS- APS are just to mean the digital sensor on a camera (correct me if im wrong). There's a nice damaged spot as you can see on the photo xD

What do you mean? Where's the damaged spot? The camera is actually my new phone..

I tried to clean the laser with an ear bud as Hallucynogenyc suggested but the problem remains and it shows up sometimes. What else could it be?

D

Deleted member 8382

One moment. This green dot in the photo, is what you mean?

LOL I thought that was camera permanent damage, looks a lot like that!!

wow, is this thing as bright in real than in the photo? Make a video please! I've never seen anything like this ôô

I can't make a video as it appears only rarely, when I turn the laser on.. Seriously, what should I do? Should I RMA the laser? Wouldn't I pay then too much for shipping it back? And I think my laser is truely 100mW as I can instantly pop a balloon with it.

D

Deleted member 8382

I can't make a video as it appears only rarely, when I turn the laser on.. Seriously, what should I do? Should I RMA the laser? Wouldn't I pay then too much for shipping it back? And I think my laser is truely 100mW as I can instantly pop a balloon with it.

no video- no info

i can't tell nothing without seeing it :(

FireMyLaser thanks for your reply. I've made a ticket to DX and will wait for their answer.

I don't think that's the case. Temperature is around 25C and i've now tried with new batteries.