Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX glass diffraction gratings/optics

AFAIK no. 1 is a line gen. No 2 is just a torch diffuser and wouldn't do squat with a laser. No. 3 may be a line gen, I have no idea.

Y

yew.sir-name

afaik? Sooo just a couple of line generators, surely the torch diffuser will do something to the beam? I may get some in my next dx shop and stack a line infront of a difuser and see what I get. 1 and 3 look the same but 1 looks tighter.

I thought 3 looked tighter. AFAIK = as far as I know
No 2 won't do anything because it's made of little lens dimples. Tiny convex bulges. Problem is, they're not that tiny. One bulge would be bigger than most laser beams, and if you lasered it, you'd probably just get the same effect as a lens.

Yeah, none of those are gratings. Gratings have microscopic lines, not anything you could really feel like those. The first in a line gen, basically something that diffuses light on a single axis. The 2nd effectively diffuses light in all directions, and the third I'm not too sure - looks almost like anotehr line gen with minor diffusion in the other axis too.

Y

yew.sir-name

Ahh, as far as i know, i'll probably forget what that means in an hour or so. Thanks for the input, I might get one and two or two and three.

S

SenKat

If it has diffusion in a perpindicular fashion to the other stripes, then it is a crosshair generator most likely.