Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

dvd rw diode help

mybeat

I've dissasembled my HP dvd 840 (can burn @ 16x) and took out the diode.Well actually 2 diodes.How can i tell which one is the right one?They look the same.
I hooked them to 2 AA batteries seperatly and noone had any visible beam.What could be wrong?
Maybe i need some sort of a lens?
I've ordered Aixiz housing for it but, i dunno will it work or not.

Start by slapping yourself hard in the face for connecting 2 AA batteries directly to an LD.
;D ;D

Thanx.
Now need to create a driver. ::)
Sad part is that i dont live in usa and it would really be a pain to get all the right parts for it.

I know this is offtopic but i dont want to create another thread.
What would be a best best buy Novalaser X 105 or Alpha105? Does alpha comes with the box?
Which one is brighter or are they simmilar?

I don't know about the boxes, but they are both guaranteed to average at least 105mW. The Alpha has a longer runtime as well as several nice safety features.
All this can be found in the Companies and Reviews boards. ;)

yes that would work fine altho you dont need 160v thats a little overkill, just hope you didnt break the diode by connecting it straight to 2aa's, were they completely new or slightly used, because if they were completely new there is a bad chance that they could of killed the diode from the surge after sitting unused for a year and the large amount of ma it would give to it. Hopefully since you didnt use the aa's on it to long it should still work.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

it may be too bulky to fit in some casings, but you could use it anyway. If you are planning on using it in parallel with the LD, a 10 or 16V 10uF tantalum cap would be a better alternative

Back