Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Driver for 110ma blue ray

I have several homemade DDL drivers, and a few drivers that were from DX true 50mw greenies. I am wondering if (due to the pin set up for blue ray diodes) i can still use the dioides with the DDL drivers?

Also, can i use the blue ray diodes with this driver--

http://laserpointerforums.com/members/creanzworld17/albums/random/1488-50mw-driver/
http://laserpointerforums.com/members/creanzworld17/albums/random/1487-50mw-driver/

I got the ma up to 250+ already, and i can certainly bring it down to 100ma. I am just making sure the blue ray diodes can suite [these] drivers. (p.s. I ran the DX driver at 250ma on an Ir diode for quite a long time, with no failure in the driver ir diode. The resistor and a few other components did heat up a bit though.Issue at all?) Thanks!
~steve

No one has tried using this driver for blu-ray LDs, AFAIK. However, nothing stops you from trying. If you use a test load (5 or 6 1N400x diodes) the highest risk is to blow up something on the driver :D if it can't handle the voltage. I can't see such parts on the schematic, though.

EDIT: :wtf: AFAIK is underlined...

Last edited:

jaycey

I have several homemade DDL drivers

There's your answer right there!

Just connect up a 9-12 volt battery set your current, turn off, short your capacitor, connect your diode and laze awy!

No one has tried using this driver for blu-ray LDs, AFAIK. However, nothing stops you from trying. If you use a test load (5 or 6 1N400x diodes) the highest risk is to blow up something on the driver :D if it can't handle the voltage. I can't see such parts on the schematic, though.

EDIT: :wtf: AFAIK is underlined...

AFAIK? what is that?
And, i guess i can use the DDL, i just have to put 1x10ohm resistor in for 125ma, and it should be safe then