Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Driver Current

So I shorted out the driver for a 532nm module I had when it came in contact with part of the host. Now I only get 30 or so mV through to the actual diode and other parts of the driver (have 3.7V going into it though). So I am fairly certain I need a replacement driver.... unfortunately, I cannot find out the current now :/

The module is this one (200mW 532nm Green Laser Module (3V 11.9mm) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme) but it's not going to be 200mW. The current they list is a complete lie. So what do you guys THINK would be a current that would work? My choices are the ones on Moh's site, so 100mA, 153mA, 200mA, 378mA, 428mA, etc...

And would W = V*I work here? It doesn't make much sense though since that would leave a 200mW/3.7V - 66.6mA result. Which seems too small to me.

Thanks

They meant to say <200mW. Output powers in the ~100mW range will need at least a 500mW pump. These will need about 600mA. If it is the 250mA they claim, you'll only get something around 30-50mW.

W = V*I work here? It doesn't make much sense though since that would leave a 200mW/3.7V - 66.6mA result. Which seems too small to me.

You're confusing electrical power with optical power. From the electrical power input, there is power lost in the driver, the pump diode, the gain medium, the doubler, and the optics.

Last edited: