Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dragon lasers Spartan 671nm Red Pointer?

I jsut sent them an email asking for more details regarding this laser - hopefully they get back to me swiftly !

tomcat

yes 671 is a dpss process not sure what process (pump/crystals) but it has good beam specs according to specsheets personally i dont see the attraction over 660-650 diodes

you can get high power 671nm without combining beams so with 671 you can get 2 watt at tem00 instead of a 15 diode system with a tem24 output ( you need it too at that wavelength its about 1/3 brightness of 635 or 2/3 of 650nm)

will research the process and post if someone doesn't get there before me :)

Oooooooo - Frank from Dragon is going to send one to me for review :) I have to send it back (Sigh) but I will be able to get some stellar pics, and my first time with a DPSS red ! I wonder how it will look with my Argon (on it's way)? WEEEEEEEEEE !

tomcat

cool hope it turns out good get some good pics :) ( mostly of the argon) is the argon a multiline or "single" line?

The Argon is Chargerman's old Argon, a 6-line multi-lined beast ! BUT...I am actually more interested in the DPSS red than the argon at this time, as I have NEVER seen one in action ! I cannot wait !!!!!!

Razako

jamilm9 said:
no red goggles from them
Not true at all. The red blocking goggles that laserglow sells protect against 606-694nm @ OD 5+

Dragon does carry OD3+ red protective goggles - I am trying to work out a deal with them, to carry their goggles in my online shop :) They are currently out of stock, though (which could spell,"DOOM" for any thoughts of carrying them :( I am REALLY pumped about seeing a DPSS red in action though - wavelength excluded, I am super (did I say, " Pumped" before ? LOL !!!) hyped about checking that baby out...IF it is possible, I will open it up (as long as it does not void the warranty in any way, etc...) and snap some pics of the guts, too (I HOPE I can !!)