Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does a CR123 rechargeable exist?

I finished a dorcy laser yesterday. I like rechargeable batterys because I can use them as much as I want and not have to pay money to buy another battery.

Do they make these battery types rechargeable?if so Where can I buy one?

dealextreme.com
but arent you not supposed to use rechargeable cr123s on reds because of the high initial voltage..

C

Chris.

I bought one from Maplins but it wasn't cheap
Also, I have no clue how to charge it when the time comes...

I'm using a DealExtreme RCR123 & charger with my DIY Dorcy (SKUs 3404 and 998).
I get more current to the LD than I did using a regular alkaline, but I chose my resistor while using the rechargeable.

If you're using a 10 Ohm resistor with a Dorcy and a GB diode, you've got lots of headroom - you should be okay with that. (You are using a capacitor across the diode, right?)

Yeah, got a capacitor. I need your help. I got some junk(dust and grease) on my LD window. How do I get it off?

I saw rechargable ones at radioshack. 2 lithium rechargables with charger for 30 dollars. I might get it.

Really, at RS? I'd have believed rechargeable lithium AA cells - CR123s seem a little obscure for them, but maybe so.

Things to consider:
1. Some are 3.0V, some are 3.6V - depends what you want.
2. Some are "protected", meaning they shut off before getting discharged past the point of doing themselves damage. Some are not.
3. At DX, if you can stand the wait, it's gonna cost you like 1/3 of RS.

Gazoo

Radio Shack does have the CR123's with charger on their website. But I would not use them unless they are protected.

I checked out there rechargeables at radioshack but they are only 400mah. Thats really poor quality for a lithium rechargeable. I am currenlty looking at ultra fire CR123A lithiums. They are protected but 3.6 volts. Can they still be used in my dorcy jr? It is protected, but people say that it is about 1 mm longer than unprotected. I'm gonna get the protected, but will it still fit in a dorcy?

2 pack ~ $4.86