Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DIY Red done

i like the big box.. but then i like lab lasers too...
im building a pioneer diode one soon.. im looking at 300mw too.. for a labby

Ace82

It's kinda hard to tell the size of the box without a reference such as a ruler or coin in the picture, but you can tell a little from the componets. Which I didn't see a resistor? :-/ I hope you didn't leave that soldered ground wire exposed like that, I use heat shrink. Nice work though, especially if this is your first DIY. You can click "see" on my sig and see a few of mine. Your box style looks very nice, and it even has an "armed" safety switch (I need to add one to mine). :D

Hi xylicon:

I almost flipped when I saw your build. Did you get the host from radio shack? I have made 3 DIYs using various sized radio shack black plastic boxes. Yours looks better man !!! I used NiMh AA or AAA batteries. 2 had just current limiting resistor and cap. One had a pcb driver I got here.

Docjohn :)

Yessir, I got just about all the components from Radio Shack, minus the diode and the cool brass heatsink.

I got the CR123 batteries and their holders from www.batteryspace.com

;)

Aixiz module,

album_picm.php

Then I put that into my brass flange.

I am not familiar with the brass flange. Where did you get that? :)

what holds the aixiz in the brass? Is it just a real tight fit? Did you use any thermal compound? :)

Its held in there buy a nice coating of Arctic Silver 3 heatsink compound and a small dab of super glue on the front to keep it from sliding, the fit is fairly snug but it will move without the superglue or some other means of stickiness.