Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Divergence comparison of fusion vs. CNI (DL-Nova)

murrat

Does anyone have both lasers?
An executive of WL (that is advertised as having divergence between 0,8-1,0mRad and a CNI (from DL, Nova or Techlases) having 1,2mRad divergence.
I used both of them and at least I haven't noticed so much difference in divergence.
I purchased a fusion from WL as I don't like CNI with clip but know I changed my mind and think a clip is so useful to keep it steady on a surface :) also the removable front cap is so much useful for lens cleaning.
Just make a suggestion for me if I can change from fusion to X175 of Nova!
Does it worth it? I can pop balloons from 5meters (16,4foot). Can I do this with the same power (125mW) CNI? My old CNI doesn't have a bad divergence it is around 1mRad. As I read from the forum so much people are pleased with the quality control of Nova so I choose Nova if I will decide to buy a CNI!
Just waiting for your comments about changing to CNI. What will I gain and what will I lose? (Consider about the same powers even I'll go for 175mW :) )

Re: Divergence comparison of fusion vs. CNI (DL-No

Odd, are you talking about an executive fusion? Typically the execs seemed to have half the divergence of a CNI black/gold (which typically have 1.2-2.0mRad divergences regardless of who specs them as what) but also 2x the beam diameter.

murrat

Re: Divergence comparison of fusion vs. CNI (DL-No

Yes I am talking about executive fusion.
Mine has not a 2x beam diameter of CNI black/gold. I can burn matches easily. I think mine has a thin beam.
Execs can have Half the divergence if CNIs have 2,0mRad divergence :)
What do you suggest me pseudo? Keep my exec or get a CNI from NOVA? :cool: