Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DestructiveGear Pointers

caleb

I want a good laser, and after seeing in the deals and discounts thread, a company called destructivegear has 25% off with the code thing.
so, i was thinking of getting a laser off the site.
http://www.destructivegear.com
il either get a 20mw or a 75mw, im just unsure whether these lasers are good. i havn't heard anything about them on the forum, and considering this would be the first 'real' IR filtered laser and actualy costs money id get the forms filled out to import it into Aus.

any advice, other sites, etc.

thanks in advance. :cool:

Yeah same here, don't know about the laser, but for some reason I feel the need for a new lighter?! Wow, really is an amazing lighter, i have always seen lighters as expendable products, that I usually end up loosing, like my countless zippo's but this lighter seems to be something special :D Don't know how I'm gonna convince myself to spend 110bucks on a lighter though...lol

brtaman

There lasers are pretty high priced IMO.

A while ago LarryQ one one of those in a contest, and it mode hopped pretty frequently. I don't know what happened from there.

Omg, you guys were sucked in by the lighter too? lol

I was just looking that and thinking 'man, that looks like some solid constructions'.

Yeah well the construction might appear solid...but it will jam just when you need it most...

You try and curb spending money on "useless" gadgets...but nooo, then you find LPF, and to top it off it leads you to 100$ lighter :-/ I've never had a torch lighter of decent quality...(only some low-budget ones you can find on Dx, am really interested in how reliable they are, they mention lifetime warranty...hmmmm

brtaman

caleb

overspriced, but a dragonlasers and Nova are about 2-3X. or are they overpriced for there quality, i actualy though they were underpriced, or resonably priced. :eek:
so... where can i get these cheaper lasers then. 'eh...
and good quality, no DX.

caleb said:
overspriced, but a dragonlasers and Nova are about 2-3X. or are they overpriced for there quality, i actualy though they were underpriced, or resonably priced. :eek:
so... where can i get these cheaper lasers then. 'eh...
and good quality, no DX.
For quality lasers Nova is really the cheapest. If it is cheap then it almost always means that it is low quality in the laser world sadly.

caleb

so, your telling me its a scam or what...
DX are obivously crapy as they are like $30, the site looks reasonable, but i would rather cheap shit than expensive shit, you know what i mean?

...do you realy...

caleb said:
so, your telling me its a scam or what...
DX are obivously crapy as they are like $30, the site looks reasonable, but i would rather cheap shit than expensive shit, you know what i mean?

...do you realy...
There weren't many reviews on these lasers because of the price, so there isn't enough info to call it a scam or not. I only remember two reviews, one of them the guy was all about Destructive Gear and said his laser was great. LarryQ's was worthless because it mode hopped so much.