Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Design thought experiment...

Hi, I need feedback on an idea I have.

Let's say I have a diode that I want to spin on a circular track using something like gold leaf spring contacts for the + and - current supply. This type of design would likely cause tiny glitches in the supply to the diode. Is it possible to safely put a polar capacitor in parallel with the diode to smooth out the glitches or would this be detrimental to the diode due to tiny surges from the cap during the glitch? Has anyone tried this?

Thanks!

Put the contacts between the power and the driver. This should pose no risk to your diode at all.

Do not put the contacts between the driver and the diode. If you absolutely have to because of space constraints or whatever, removing the output filter cap from the driver and adding a larger cap across the diode will help. but there are no guarantees.

Why would you want to move a LD ? All the problems and associated costs of dealing with them.
The easier approach would be to mount the LD and spin a small front sided mirror to modify directionality. A mirror could be manipulated in all 3 axis as well.
:huh: