Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Depression/ Roller Coaster Mood

Hey guys,

I really wanted to say I appreciate the help & appreciation. I haven't been taking my Prozac for 2 days & it seems like It made me go back into a personality which is similar to a roller coaster.

One day im happy, then Im sad, only see the bad things in life. I know I don't really have any friends in real life(mostly because I may be strange) but that's ok since that's part of my life. I was also a little bummed today since I'll need to spend a good sum of cosh to fix a part on my car, which sucks since I've already put so much into it.

That won't stop me though! Listenin' to some of my Reggae music instantly put me back into a better mood & made me realize I need to stay strong, ask for help when I need it & realize the Prozac is something I need.

I apologize if these get tiresome, but it isn't always easy.

Thanks,
Alex :)

We all go through it, I find taking a long walk helps a lot, it gets your natural endorphins flowing.
Also what ever is on your mind, just put those bags down you have carried them far enough because life is a balance, you can't get too wrapped up in any one thing or obsessed about it, take a break and do something else.
Staying busy is good too, even if it's just surfing the web or cleaning up.
Be glad that things are not worse :)

GSS

We all go through it, I find taking a long walk helps a lot, it gets your natural endorphins flowing.
Also what ever is on your mind, just put those bags down you have carried them far enough because life is a balance, you can't get too wrapped up in any one thing or obsessed about it, take a break and do something else.
Staying busy is good too, even if it's just surfing the web or cleaning up.
Be glad that things are not worse :)
Nicely said:)

Persevere on Alex. Everyone will go through it at some point of life but that doesn't mean you can't overcome it. It might due to stress you are facing at college. Try to relax by taking a break and letting go of all your thoughts. Do something that you like or maybe even a stroll along your neighbourhood will make you feel better.

Reactions: GSS
A great big smile and hug to you my friend :)
Some great advice has been given. College my have boiled up some things for sure. New place, new people and the work load that classes bring. You can do it though for sure because it is doable. If you want to possibly make some friends, look for common interests.
Use social media to look up local groups. I have meet up with groups in my area that are into snorkeling/diving and also kayaking. I never gave it a thought to search for groups like that on facebook until someone mentioned it to me.
So go for a nice walk and think about what you like to do and then search for local groups. Most groups welcome new people with open arms. Sure there might be some members that rub you wrong but even those people have things to offer if you look close enough(like here in this forum). Wishing you the very best :)

Reactions: GSS
i was worried when you didn't reply to my PM... sounds like things are kinda back to normal though. if you ever need people to talk to we're here for you.

i've been through depression, although it was situational depression so it most likely won't recur. i just want to remind you that we here can only do so much in terms of helping, so if you ever find yourself considering suicide or are really stuck in a terrible mood, get professional help. it really, really works, and it helped me get through a tough time really well.

glad to hear music brought you back! i always find listening to music is good. i listen to led zeppelin, rush, james brown, tower of power etc... some great bands. reggae is great, but i don't listen to it much since i don't know where to look. which artists do you listen to?

Last edited:
i was worried when you didn't reply to my PM... sounds like things are kinda back to normal though. if you ever need people to talk to we're here for you.

i've been through depression, although it was situational depression so it most likely won't recur. i just want to remind you that we here can only do so much in terms of helping, so if you ever find yourself considering suicide or are really stuck in a terrible mood, get professional help. it really, really works, and it helped me get through a tough time really well.

glad to hear music brought you back! i always find listening to music is good. i listen to led zeppelin, rush, tower of power etc... some great bands. reggae is great, but i don't listen to it much since i don't know where to look. which artists do you listen to?

Thanks for your PM micheal,

I am doing better, yes :)

I listen to Morgan Heritage/Jah Vinci/Jah Sun/Alaine and sometimes Bob Marley :D

-Alex