Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DealExtreme New Flashlight Style Green Lasers

Ya that review is what got me thinking about the cr2 thanks,

and i ordered the stuff last saturday so a week a bit ago and the green laser was the only one on back order the rest just say pending...in the actual add it says ships within 1-3 days.. so i dont think they are going to split it up. Oh well I guess I'll just have to be patient
thanks alot,

nikokapo said:
[quote author=Razako link=1212421668/0#10 date=1212431500]Crappy pot modded green lasers with no IR filter :-/ The other potmodded laser on dx is getting a bunch of complaints about it dying after a week or being doa.
http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.dx/Forum.12029~threadid.112445
My advice=Avoid these.

just as factory overclocked videocards

i hate products which are maxed out directly from factory, they dont really last long.[/quote]
Off topic but factory overclocked videocards are usually very stable, just overpriced as hell, but i doubt "over-potted" (lol) lasers like these would be stable lol.

Since the 50mw and the one pot modded to 100mw are the same price, maybe it would be a good idea to get the pot modded one and turn it down somewhat to extend the life. It may take some of the risk of pot modding out if you know its already at its max, you can just turn it down a little , and know your still getting decent output. Well, thats my idea anyway, am I completely overlooking something else that would make that a bad idea?
Thanks