Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DC1999.9mA Digital Pannel meter

• Thread starter Deleted member 16589
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16589

ok so This may be the wrong place to post but if it is then please move it. :tinfoil:

so long story short im making a bench laser driver and want to incorporate a Digital ammeter in it.

I needed one that could go up to 2 amp but precision enough to read ad low as just a few Milli-amp (for 5mW diodes) so the solution buy a 1999.9mA pannel meter.
My problem is the only place I can get one is direct from XIELI (china :yabbem:) for $15 and $30 shipping. so

My question is if i were to buy 2 or 3 of them would anyone be interested in buying one from me to help me cover shipping.

I have the money for up to 4 of them and would buy and receive them before anyone sent me the money for theirs.

They take 9 volts AC but Im getting mine custom fitted for 5v DC

here is a link to a site selling them in bulk for a picture reference.
19999 4 1/2 digit panel meter products, buy 19999 4 1/2 digit panel meter products from alibaba.com

also I'm referring to the XL4215 model which on that page has a typo its actually 1999.9mA not 1.9999

I have already talked to the Sales Manager and am looking to order soon so please let me know

D

Deleted member 16589

??? I Dont understand how changing the shunt will give me a lower current reading.
I know that its reading the current buy measuring the voltage drop across the resistor.

But how do I calculate which resistor value to use and would it still be accurate.

The meter I linked to says it needs a 75mVolt shut resistor for 20A
That means the shunt would have a 3.7mOhm resistance
Since you want to go from 20A to 2A you would want 37mOhm resistor

Then you would need to resolder a jumper on the back of the board to move to decimal.

I haven't tried this myself, so you might want to get a "2nd opinion" before buying it.