Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Daytime Outdoor laser options

drc5081

Hi all! I am looking for a laser that can be seen outdoors in full sunlight. I am an arborist and use lasers to point up into tall tree canopies up about 100ft tall, nothing close. I have previously bought a 120nm (2)aaa laser (can’t remember the brand) that’s not getting the job done. Right now I’m looking at a Sanwu 1W 520nm Guardian laser. Let me know your thoughts. Is that enough laser? Are there better options? Thanks!

julianthedragon

What is the wavelength (nm) of the first laser since I'm assuming 120 is a typo? IMO the Guardian is overkill, you should choose a green laser for visibility but I don't think you need a whole watt. Try Jetlasers, you can find a 532nm PL-E mini from 200mw-600mw and a beam expander to help keep the beam from spreading over longer distances. The 532 wavelength should be good since it's closer to the 555nm peak in visibility and DPSS lasers tend to have tighter beams