Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dangerous or am I paranoid?

bp968

Sorry I wasn't specific enough when telling the guy to be safety concious with respect to his eyes. Never mind OP, just wave whatever laser around for fun.. You can get your eyes replaced. Obviously MFO knows everything about it. My dad's blind in one eye and my uncle is going blind and the docs told them its no big deal at all. Quick outpatient fix (*not*).

Dude your a prick.

mfo

Sorry I wasn't specific enough when telling the guy to be safety concious with respect to his eyes. Never mind OP, just wave whatever laser around for fun.. You can get your eyes replaced. Obviously MFO knows everything about it. My dad's blind in one eye and my uncle is going blind and the docs told them its no big deal at all. Quick outpatient fix (*not*).

Dude your a prick.

Wow, clean the sand out of your vagina dude. It's not my fault your statement was vague. And btw, you used the wrong "your". You should have in fact used "you're".

bp968

Wow, clean the sand out of your vagina dude. It's not my fault your statement was vague. And btw, you used the wrong "your". You should have in fact used "you're".

Thanks. I appreciate the correction.

Asherz

I point my 150mW overspec module in doors without any safety goggles on, obviously I don't wave it around aimlessly, and if ever I'm burning I use safety goggles.

I have no problems what so ever, I keep pointed against a black surface just to look at the beam, if I do point it around I watch where I am pointing it and am careful.

As long as you employ common sense, you will be fine. Out door use is not a problem, And btw I really do not have a problem with light being reflected of "particles," either you have super sensitive eyes or you are over reacting a little Photonholic :)

Considering an INDIRECT reflection from a air glass interface back to your eyes (if you hit them) is only 4%, imagine the reflectivity off dust, way below 0.00001%.

I'm not trying to down play safety here, but it's nice to look at the beam every once in a while since that's what is so great about high powered lasers, just don't act like an idiot and where goggles when necessary.