Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Custom laser endcap make or buy?

So everyone knows about the endcaps you can put on the small cheap lasers most of us have or had at some point. What I'm wondering is it possible to make or buy a custom endcap that says something or displays a custom image?

OR

Even using a higher powered led with some type of lens.

AndyR

I suppose you could defocus the beam into a flashlight type effect and then have a simple cutout containing your "custom image"... but that probably isn't what you are looking for, and would only work for certain distances.

Other than that, not sure... I would be interested in one if someone were able to find one :D

Yes, it is possible. It's being done, for use by business's as an advertising ploy.
Making your own is unlikely, as it involves manipulating diffraction gratings.
I have seen a company that will custom make your logo (or name) into one.
But the cost was very high for just one.(IIRC,$200) The more you ordered, the cheaper they became.IE: 500 for $1000

Yes, it is possible. It's being done, for use by business's as an advertising ploy.
But the cost was very high for just one.(IIRC,$200) The more you ordered, the cheaper they became.IE: 500 for $1000

HOLY COW! That is nuts! I was wanting to do this as a self promotion give away product, but with that price I would have a better chance of getting a job by bribing them!

edit: Do you have a website, I would like to see this, but I don't plan on buying.

Last edited:
I suppose you could defocus the beam into a flashlight type effect and then have a simple cutout containing your "custom image"... but that probably isn't what you are looking for, and would only work for certain distances.

Other than that, not sure... I would be interested in one if someone were able to find one :D

I will have to sit and think about how to do something like this with an acrylic or glass lens. If I come up with something I will post a DIY. :wave:

Can you give me the website or contact information to the company that can make custom endcaps? Im very interested. Thanks, Jason

HOLY COW! That is nuts! I was wanting to do this as a self promotion give away product, but with that price I would have a better chance of getting a job by bribing them!

edit: Do you have a website, I would like to see this, but I don't plan on buying.

Have you had luck on finding a company able to design a custom laser endcap?

beam

I'm interested in, too.
My idea is to let make cap with my company's logo such as christmas customer's gift.
It is possible and exact name is 'custom diffuse difraction element'.
I've found and asked company but price is very, very high = 10000EUR what is absolutly unaffordable. :(
Is anybody here who knows cheaper solution?

Thanks alot,
B.

Example:
DOE%20samples-1.JPG

I searched over an hour for this kind of stuff but found nothing... :(
I also would like to have a custom logo or at least an cool looking logo :D