Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cree Jade Flashlight 1.5W Host - Pics

I just sold this laser, but realized that I never finished showing off the build!

Its a Cree Jade Appreciation Flashlight, and I thought with that tapered nose, it just looked cooler than hell!

So without further adieu,

Its no slouch either!

Here it is making its way through 10 cd cases.

I'm using an M-140 diode in a small brass module with a single-element G2 lens. This short-focal-length setup provides the fantastic close-in, collimated burning I was looking for, as well as the crappy beam specs I didn't care about.

I machined the copper heatsink for a press-fit with the module, rather than relying on thermal paste and a set-screw.

Its driven using a maxed-out micro-flexdrive V5 which was thermal-epoxied to the forward closure/pill of the flashlight.

I love this host, and would imagine that the aluminum version is a much better heatsink than the stainless steel (although the steel looks better).

Sold this laser to free up funds for a 2.5-3W 9mm build that I'll be doing soon.
Just ordered the diode, 2.3A X-buck driver, module, batteries, and an aluminum C6 style host with a barrel extension to house the second 18650.

Last edited: