Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Credibility oh this laser?

Hello im a new member
I recently bought a "200mw" laser from fordex http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Power-200mw-Green-Pointer/dp/B006BY56ZS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323496843&sr=8-1 I wish I knew about this forum before i bought my laser. So I emailed the seller and they told me this laser was strong enough to light a match and cut electrical tape. But the only thing I can do is pop a balloon. Im drawing a black dot on the match but it smokes a tiny bit but doesnt actually light. Is it that i just have a wrong type of match? Im using the strike against the bow sort not the strike anyway. I'm having serious doubts about this laser and company, and am considering getting a refund

Send it back.

Order from a reputable company.

Based on what you describe the laser is nowhere near 200mW, assuming you focused it properly. (Is it even focusable?)

While you're at it make sure you order safety goggles... without them I really don't see how you can focus a laser properly.

I bought it on sell for 50 dollars on black friday, I had a feeling it was to good to be true. I need a laser that can burn a match and cut tape for my work do you guys have any suggestions?

I bought it on sell for 50 dollars on black friday, I had a feeling it was to good to be true. I need a laser that can burn a match and cut tape for my work do you guys have any suggestions?

LZGN - 532nm 200mW Focusable Green Laser Pointer I got it and it works GREAT :) You don't even need to focus it :D It is definitely worth the money remember You get what you pay for Also read this http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/guide-buying-your-first-green-laser-30608.html

Last edited:
I also vouch for the laser that brendon recommended. Lazerer.com has a very good reputation on this forum. As you said yourself if it sounds to good to be true than it probably is. I think it would be fair to say that many of us made the same mistake when we first got into lasers. As infinitas said you should send it back which shouldn't be difficult considering it's an amazon seller, and then use your money to get a laser that's up to spec.

Last edited: