Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Crazy Red Laser Spyrograph + Pics

Hi,

I followed someones guide (can't remember who  :( ) for a laser spyrograph, and I'm just posting my results here. I'm not sure if this should be in 'laser shows' Or 'multimedia'.

Anyway, it consists of 3 fans with a speed controller.
The back 2 fans are connected with a splitter from the fan controller, so they both spin at the same time, and the opposite fan is just on straight full power. I need to buy 2 more fan controllers to have independant speed control.

I set it up ontop of my PC case (to use the molex's) and projected it onto a wall.

Using some craft circle mirrors (10mm) and foam pads to stick and alter the angle, I attached them to the core of the fan.

Sorry about the naff quality, I need a better camera!

I'm planning on cutting out all the unneccessary fan parts, leaving me with just the motors, so I can compact it and make it portable!

If you have any q's / comments just email me.

P.S. This was using my DIY Maglite SenKat LD Laser.

Dan :)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/v/KwxKi1agzK4[/media]

dsci0016jz1.jpg

dsci0015xh5.jpg

dsci0014pr1.jpg

dsci0012vl3.jpg

dsci0021ln9.jpg

dsci0019og8.jpg

dsci0024yo8.jpg

Nice job. I cringe at the site of the mini mag though. Well as long as you are using at least a resistor and at best a capacitor. :p

Daedal

Looks like a boomdog project to me... :)

And just like DA said... the m@g made me cringe a bit... :-?

GL and that spiro looks good :D

--DDL

Don't worry!

I made a good circuit and squashed it into the aixiz module, then filled that with potting compound to seal it all off. Then I made a nylon grommet on the lathe to hold it in place. I'll post more pics later.

Dan :)