Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cracked Lens

Hi guys, I just opened up the aperture of my X100, and I noticed a crack on the lens. It doesn't seem to interfere with the beam of the laser, even though it is pretty close, but it is still in TEM00, and I wanted to make sure it doesn't weaken the laser's power. Does anyone think it somehow will?

If that crack was passing through the beam, you'd know ;) The dot would be a big crazy mess.

So I think you're right for now.

myles

yeah i had a 5mw RS laser and it had a cracked lens its definantly EDIT: Noticeable? lol hard word to spell

The lens on my 200mw dx cracked... it happened a few days after I took it apart, I think I put it back together too tight (I believe it was an aixiz glass one, or similar to it)... although i didnt notice it cracked till after a few days.
ordering a new one soon hopefully. it still burns at close range but if you un focus it it has a black line through it and odd artifacts everywhere.

the only thing I can think of is I left it in my car while working late, and was playing with it driving home because it was foggy, maybe the heat from it expanded it from being cold and it cracked...
oh well, only 5 bucks