Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cr123a what voltage?

daveo

Heya guys, my brother gave me flashlight style green laser and we neither on know what power it is...will light a match after making it black with a marker. Anyways it holds a cr123a we just sont know what volts, i have a 3.0v can i put a 3.6v in it with no probs??

A CR 123 is 3 volt battery a LR 123A or RCR123A is 3.7 volt hence the L for lithium or R for rechargable which is 3.7 volt. You really shouldn't have a problem at all with 3.7 volt battery if its a laser. You usually only come into problems if you have two in series as instead of 6 volts you end up with 7.4 volts which could be enough to cook a diode. The CRr123 battery in basic form is 3 volt and not rechargeable(and usually tells you that on the battery) the rest are rechargeable and are 3.7 volt lithiums

Last edited:

daveo

Ok thx, I have found some rcr123a rechargeable 3.6 and 3.7 and like 2000 mAh where the 3.0volt I currently have in it is 1550mAh...I just wanted the opinions of some of you guys that would know what im talking about, I dont want to ruin the laser, I figured it wouldnt hurt to go up to the 3.6-3.7v but want to make sure. So I'll be good to go with the higher voltage??

Last edited:
Ok thx, I have found some rcr123a rechargeable 3.6 and 3.7 and like 2000 mAh where the 3.0volt I currently have in it is 1550mAh...I just wanted the opinions of some of you guys that would know what im talking about, I dont want to ruin the laser, I figured it wouldn't hurt to go up to the 3.6-3.7v but want to make sure. So I'll be good to go with the higher voltage??
Yes go for the 3.6 volt battery no problem, all my lasers use 3.6..3.7 volt rechargables so unless its weird type i cant see any problem....