Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Controlling our SPAM problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Hi Everyone.
Since I have come back from my break, I have noticed this forum has been experiencing more spam accounts with generic code like names. I have an idea for the registration process, although I admit it won't solve the whole problem.
If we added a laser question to the registration process, it may deter the lazy spammers, only leaving the more deterministic of the spammers. If a spammer wants to register, he will most likely not want to have to google the answer and will move on to another forum. It may also deter the some of the less sensible individuals you only want to get their hands on their next play toy/weapon. Like I already said, it won't solve all our issues, but it may decrease or at least control the problem. Which would leave this forum for those that are serious about the hobby or genuinely want to learn something.
Curtis

Yeah, there's been a crap ton of "Nike" spam lately haha. I think it finally switched to "Reebok" which was quite nice that I didn't have to see the same brand. I do like adding an extra filter though, applying measures to help prevent spam is always a no brainer in my mind! :D

-Alex

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yes, I noticed it as soon as I got back. The problem with this method of spam is that it is harder to stop. As multiple accounts and posts can be generated at random.
What brand will be next :D
What questions do you reckon we could use? And we would have to change them every now and then.

spammers going to advertise ''declassified" memory erasing laser next!!!:D

'just flash n forget'!!

Anyone know the reference?

Status
Not open for further replies.