Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Connect module directly to power without resistor?

I got these modules from deal extreme: dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10091
It says they are 5V. So can I connect them directly to a 5V power supply, or do I need to connect them to some resistors first so they don't burn out? Just making sure, I read somewhere on this forum about how you should always use resistors.

Re: Connect module directly to power without resis

megawatt said:
I got these modules from deal extreme: dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10091
It says they are 5V. So can I connect them directly to a 5V power supply, or do I need to connect them to some resistors first so they don't burn out? Just making sure, I read somewhere on this forum about how you should always use resistors.
Those already have a driver in them so you can connect them to 5V with no problem.

Re: Connect module directly to power without resis

yes, I believe these have a driver already built into them.. you can just feed them power with no extra circuitry.

plus, if you do manage to burn it out, it'll just be incentive to put a real laser in there... I don't know anyone that buys those for the lasers they contain, most people just use the shell to house more powerful lasers.