Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

concerns about shipping and customs

hello,
im new to this forum and am relativly new to green dpss lasers. i bought a 5mw off of Laser Glow in january of this year and that hooked me. now am thinking about buing the x45 (or the x65 if they are not sold out) off of NOVA Lasers. i just have a few questions though:

1, what shipping company should i use, speed is not as important as actually getting my laser? :-?usps, TNT, any thing else (btw, i live in Illinois in the USA) :-?

2, if customs gets ahold of it, can i get in trouble for it? :mad:

3, does the x series have any type of over-heating protection on it? i dont want to fry it on accident. :(

any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

ps, im Gage and have a love for lasers. my friends just dont understand my love for "green lights" as they call them

Rhith

Welcome! Nova states that if customs takes your laser they will either refund you or ship you a new one until it arrives. Just use their standard shipping unless you feel like paying a lot more for shipping just to get it a day or two earlier. And for over heating, just stick to the duty cycle and if you feel it getting warm just set it down and let it rest. ;D

Aseras

you won't have any trouble with lasers from canada and there will be no duties or taxes ( yay for NAFTA for once....). ordering from china though is somewhat risky especially since all the china recall/unsafe products BS lately.

My DX 200mW shipped from Hong Kong and took a little over a week to arrive using their standard free air mail shipping. On the package label it was marked LED flashlight!
No customs problems at all. I've had two others ship from HK using standard air mail shipping and they arrived OK also.

S

SenKat

Heh - ask Tallaxo how his laser scanner (RGY) showed up...how it was packaged, etc...pretty damned funny, actually !